Mindojo, a developer of intelligent educational technology, is seeking an Academic Director to join its team of test-prep content developers, initially working on content for the FRM exam.
This is a remote contract position, preferably full time, with a minimum of a 6-month commitment expected.
Our existing prep courses for the CFA, GMAT, and GRE exams have quickly become popular, as they are the most powerful online prep options in their respective markets. Our system adapts learning assets to each student’s learning behaviors, reinforces strengths, and targets their weaknesses through personalized practice. As a result, students not only benefit from time-efficient learning methodologies but also improved performance on tests.
As an Academic Director, you will develop and tailor the overall course design to offer students an efficient and effective study plan that prepares them for all aspects of the FRM exam. You’ll help to hire, train, and mentor content authors to “unlearn” the traditional approach to curriculum development and adapt to our non-linear, choose-your-own-adventure content style. After the initial course design is complete, you will also be responsible for performing reviews to ensure lessons and practice items are academically correct. Throughout the review process, you will provide content authors with constructive feedback to enhance the quality of content developed. You will be a part of launching the most powerful test prep option for the FRM exam, and will have the opportunity to watch the course evolve over time.
More specifically, you will:
- Support and tailor subject matter and academic content in collaboration with a brilliant team of professional content developers who share a passion for teaching;
- Ensure academic integrity through academic review, providing constructive feedback to ensure the highest quality content;
- Contribute to overall course design and pedagogical guidelines; and
- After the course launches, utilize student learning data (via smart suggestions provided by our platform) and other forms of feedback to update and enhance the content further toward unprecedented levels of efficacy.
We’d like to hear from a candidate who has:
- Strong academic credentials, such as a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant disciplines.
- FRM certification with copies of score reports required.
- Considered an expert in the field, with extensive knowledge of the subject matter and structure of the FRM exam
- Demonstrated expertise in reviewing, teaching, or developing academic content, preferably in standardized test preparation; fluency with Socratic questioning is a strong plus.
- An intellectually curious personality, with a keen eye for detail and organization skills
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- An ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Native English speaking with strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to commit to at least 30 hrs/week (40+ hrs preferred).
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with significant bonuses based on the quality and productivity of your work.
- Various promotion opportunities within the content development department based on performance.
- An energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly team of colleagues.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, let’s speak soon!
The Mindojo team