In this role, you will report directly to our Head of Maintenance and work closely with other members of the aircraft engineering and production teams, as well as our infrastructure and airline operations teams. Your contribution will be key for the development of Lilium’s ground-breaking aircraft and service quality.
The focus of this position is to improve maintenance concepts of our aircraft and develop the first maintenance programmes. You will be the critical driver to design, implement, and execute our initial maintenance strategy.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive “Design to Value” and “Design for Maintenance” for all systems and components of the Lilium jet – Relentlessly drive product & engineering improvement, cost-out, and simplification projects with high frequency throughout the aircraft design phase
- Utilise analytics and work with the lifecycle management team to identify improvement opportunities for the design of the aircraft
- Provide the best process & technology solutions and analytical support to meet aircraft design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards
- Spearhead projects to implement Design for Maintenance
- Support maintenance engineering to develop processes and maintenance tasks through active interactions with Maintenance Team and different Engineering departments
- Manage maintenance and operation records and manage the upkeep of the maintenance forecasting; Creation and Review of Short-term and Long-term Maintenance, Airworthiness and Component Forecasts
- Develop and review Aircraft base maintenance work packages, planning of Maintenance tasks including manpower, tooling and spares allocation / material planning requirements to support aircraft scheduled maintenance inputs
- Liaising with different Part 145 MROs to ensure seamless service for the Operator
- Ability to interpret Airworthiness Directives, Manufacturers Publications and Maintenance
- BA / MA in Aeronautical Engineering and / or BA / MA in Business Administration degree desired
- Min of 5 years of experience in aircraft maintenance and manufacturing; Min of 2 years of experience in Design for Maintenance field – Aviation working experience is required
- Use of Technical Records, Planning & Maintenance related software applications (RAL/ENVISION/SAP applications)
- Good understanding of aircraft maintenance planning and material planning requirements as related to Part M & Part 145
- General understanding of Part M & Part 145 and corresponding regulations, ideally complemented through a recognised Part 145 and Part M Training Courses
- Experience in managing stakeholders and authorities to ensure operations performance
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (German language skills a plus, as well as other languages)
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines