The Associate Director, Data Services is responsible for executing on the data and implementation strategy to support Tinuiti’s overall Data Services, Analytics and Marketing Science needs. This role will work cross functionally with the Analytics and Insights team as well as the Client teams to understand data requirements and implement an enterprise data stack for Tinuiti. The Associate Director will report to the Director, Data Services and will partner with other analytics leaders to implement and operationalize enterprise analytics, intelligence and data science platforms and services.
- Define and develop data solutions roadmap aligned with leadership team’s vision and strategy
- Drive data integration efforts to collect data from marketing and advertising channels for reporting, analytics and data science initiatives
- Contribute to and support Master Data Management efforts that enable how data will be used for business reporting and analytics
- Build and maintain a scalable data storage architecture including data processing and wrangling workflows
- Standardize quality assurance and testing processes to enhance data quality and accuracy
- Understand data access requirements and assist in building out business intelligence initiatives
- Drive the implementation of data governance and data security related processes
- Drive innovation by exploring new data sources, new analytical and data science use cases in collaboration with the Analytics and Insights team as well as the Client services teams
- Lead and mentor a team of highly talented data professionals
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air.
- Directing Others – Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Perspective – Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience working with data warehouses, infrastructure components such as AWS, ETL/ELT, OLAP technologies and reporting/analytic tools and environments (such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata, MongoDB, Tableau, Datorama etc.)
- Experience with Data Management and Data Governance at scale leveraging automated processes
- Experience working with big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning with technologies such as Python, R, Scala, Spark/SparkML, Tensorflow.
- Knowledge of design, data structures and algorithms, specifically tied to work in the marketing and agency fields
- Strong knowledge and experience with iterative software development processes and continuous delivery
- Understanding of Data Warehouse Architectures, OLAP technologies, BI Tools and traditional and big data technologies
- Knowledge of the advertising and marketing landscape is a plus