At Customer.io we believe that businesses that create strong relationships with their customers will outperform the ones that don’t. We’re working to make Customer.io the default choice for any internet business to deliver great, automated customer experiences at scale. Curious about how we’re getting there? Check out our blog!
We’re looking for collaborative backend developers who love solving interesting puzzles and are excited to help us build out a scalable platform that our customers love. We understand that you might not have all the skills we’ve listed, and that’s okay. If you have a combination of some of the items listed and you’re interested in developing in the others, we want to hear from you!
Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. Other members of our backend team have backgrounds in a wide variety of industries, from AdTech to Gaming, and we believe that embracing our unique perspectives and expertise is key to our success as a collaborative team.
We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
What you’ll do:
- Be a model and mentor for writing well-architected, well-tested and easy to understand services in Go that help our customers easily send timely & relevant messages at scale
- Apply your unique perspective to help us define and build the next generation of features and infrastructure needed to help our customers and our company to flourish
- Work with our tech support teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers to achieve their goals with our product
- Take an active role in a friendly supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals and teams
- Learn, practice and share with your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems
- A solid understanding of problems of scalability and experience building out performant distributed applications on cloud infrastructure.
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices. Go experience is nice to have, but most of our engineers have succeeded while picking it up on the job
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred