Webflow is a visual development and hosting platform that empowers anyone to create incredible experiences by sculpting directly in the medium of the web.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote. The collaboration team is currently spread across the continental US, with people also working across Europe.
- Time zone: We have flexible working hours, but 2-3 times a week we have regular team meetings that can fall between 8:30am PST and 11am PST.
We’re looking for a backend software engineer to help build the next generation of team centric tools on our platform that unlock new workflows to make teams that collaborate in Webflow more productive and client work more seamless.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Have access to mentors within the company
- Have opportunities to work with our robust AWS infrastructure all coordinated by Kubernetes, Terraform, and running on Docker.
- Model new solutions, troubleshoot problems, refactor existing systems, and collaborate with both our cross-functional product area team and the backend team.
- Collaborate with the team to improve our internal development process
- Maintain existing code, and have opportunities to architect and build entirely new functionality on our platform
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects directly related to Webflow
You’ll thrive as a Backend Software Engineer if you:
- Are comfortable behind a linux terminal
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Are comfortable providing caring and constructive feedback to others
- Possess a customer-centric mindset
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Backend Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!