As a Business Application Engineer you be working together with skilled developers and applications engineers to deliver applications, integrations and solutions to every single Booking.com employee across the globe. With your team you will make global impact by implementing new ideas and make significant changes to our application landscape and help make Booking.com a place where people can do their best work.
In this role you are responsible for evaluating, designing, configuring, installing, deploying and maintaining applications that are highly impacting for Booking.com employees. You will support products that are vital to our organisation such as Workplace, Slack, Enterprise Search, the Employee Portal, Jira, Zendesk, Confluence, Tableau, etc.
- Understand business needs, and suggest product enhancements.
- Design robust solutions using off-the-shelf products in the market.
- Integrate SaaS applications with our existing applications.
- Integrate applications with our Single Sign On solution.
- Build provisioning scripts and automation tools.
- Scale our legacy applications to cope with company growth.
- Collaborate with the development teams to build bespoke solutions and custom plugins to fulfil user needs.
- Technically support our business applications, making sure it’s always up, and serving its purpose.
- Directly work with the Support Desk teams by training them on new applications, writing easy to use documentation and coaching them whenever possible.
- Write user documentation, aimed to deflect support tickets, as well as to guide support technicians on troubleshooting common issues.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working as an application engineer in a globally distributed corporate application landscape;
- Experience with technical application support;
- Background in system administration working in a corporate environment;
- Mastery in scripting and automation in at least one language;
- Understanding of networking and the delivery of web based services;
- Experience with large scale applications implementations using SaaS and/or off-the-shelf solutions;
- Experience in building relationships with internal stakeholders and external software vendors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. This position is open to candidates globally. Visa sponsorship is available for this role. In the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.