We believe that VR and AR will become the dominant computing platform in the next decade so we’re building Zenith, the first massively multiplayer online roleplaying game to be cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Zenith is a VR MMORPG that’s inspired by our favorite JRPGs and animes. We’re working with a small team of crazy talented artists to bring it to life and now we’re looking to add a versatile Character and Creature concept artist.
You would be responsible for coming up with unique characters and creatures. You’d work directly with our team, to research, design, and develop various creatures in the world of Zenith as well as pushing our current character designs even further. You should be very comfortable working on stylized creatures and characters with the understanding that the final versions will be mobile performance bound models.
Our goal is no less than creating the most immersive MMORPG experience ever created. We’re looking for artists that are passionate about world-building, and creating transcendent gaming experiences for our players. This role starts as a remote temporary contract role (with room to grow).
- 2+ years of experience working on shipped or studio titles
- A strong understanding of visual design principles.
- Strong experience using related software (Photoshop, Daz, Marvelous Designer, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of human; creature anatomy, facial expressions, character stylization, and costume design.
- A passion for VR games
- Familiarity with 3D
- Knowledge of the end to end character or creature pipeline
- Experience designing for VR
- Fine art experience
- Experience working under tight time constraints