Suiteness hires freelance content writers to craft unique descriptions for each destination, hotel, and suite listed on our website. Your job is to meticulously edit large volumes of these descriptions daily (40-item daily minimum) so that we can finalize hotel and suite profiles and set them live on our site for our customers. Although editing is the main focus of the job, you’ll also be expected to expertly write high-priority descriptions as and when the need comes up.
The primary focus of the descriptions is to give a potential customer a sense of the destination, hotel, and suite. Descriptions should act like a guided tour, listing the major amenities and informing the guest why this is a great option for their stay. You’ll be tweaking and reworking these written descriptions, and giving stylistic feedback to our writers in order to ensure the descriptions are of the quality and caliber we require for our site.
NOTE: Speed + accuracy is the name of the game for this job. If you are able to balance and uphold the two at the same time, we’d love to talk with you. On the flip side, if you frequently find yourself sacrificing one for the other, then this job is likely not a good fit.
Suiteness is the only place to book luxury hotel suites online. We started in 2012, we’ve raised our funding from great investors like YC, Structure Capital, and Bullpen Capital. We value the following ideals:
- Open and honest communication – Everything we do is in the open, every day we all meet and talk about what we are working on and how we are performing.
- Work-life balance – We take work-life balance seriously. We started Suiteness because we were also starting families and keeping those two in balance is near impossible at most companies.
- Respect and assuming positive intent – Trust is given out quickly and taken back slowly. We all make mistakes and we want to foster an environment of solving problems without blame.
- Humble self-starting craftspeople – We do not believe in hand-holding. We learn as we go, iterate and get better. We want to be the best at what we do. Our focus is on doing the best work and learning more without ego.
- Travel is when we are happiest – We are in the travel industry because we love it. We get together twice every year for company-wide retreats when the whole team is treated to the same level of experience as our customers get, including staying in suites at amazing hotels.
NOTE: Please ask yourself if these values really and truly align with who you are and the qualities you possess before applying. We take these ideals very seriously – as seriously as our team’s ability to adequately perform in each of our respective roles – and we pride ourselves in hiring others that do, too.
Ideally, you have:
- A 4-year degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience editing product copywriting in a professional, fast-paced environment
- A passion for editing and writing, as well as the travel and hospitality industries
- An exceptional grasp on the English language and a flair for creating excellent content
- A self-starter mentality; enjoys zeroing in on the tasks at hand, which will often be upwards of 60 edits (40 minimum) of 100-word descriptions each day
- A data-oriented approach and a deep understanding of data accuracy
- Top-notch organizational skills, high attention to detail, and accomplished editing skills
- Ability to balance accuracy and precision with efficiency and timeliness
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires you to roll up your sleeves, embrace change, and sometimes help with ad hoc projects that come up on the content team
- Exposure to and ability to quickly become proficient in new online productivity tools (e.g. Basecamp, Salesforce, Gmail, Google Drive, Grammarly, etc.)
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- Eligibility to work in the US
It would also be great if you had these things:
- Experience working for a remote-first company
- Experience working for a tech startup
- Experience working with hotels
- Time zone that works with a West Coast headquarters