|Showbiz Cheat Sheet||Writing||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
Endgame360 is a pop media company, spinning off a number of new ventures. Sportscasting is our owned-and-operated website dedicated to providing sports fans the information they want in an easy-to-read way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring readers the most up-to-date news, insights, and information about everything in the world of sports.
We are looking for a full-time Content Writer to join our team. Sportscasting covers current topics and long-term trends around the most popular sports. We are a growing site with big goals in mind, and want you to help us shape what that looks like!
As a Content Writer for Sportscasting you will:
- Report to the site’s project manager, and focus on providing high-quality sports coverage across a wide range of topics.
- Develop your own story ideas and angles based on your industry knowledge of what will perform well in the organic search space.
- Produce 4-6 winning search articles each day by identifying trending topics and covering multiple ideas per day with a high pageview rating.
- Be willing to work weekends to boost our coverage around trending sports events, as needed (with ample flex time off).
- Collaborate with our Editorial team during meetings to understand what does/doesn’t work for a story on Sportscasting. Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to re-focus ideas when necessary.
- Dive into research, making use of internal and external links, to show your stories are based on more than just one person’s opinion.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional articles. Have the ability to self-edit articles and the desire to continue honing your grammar skills. Show an ability to work autonomously.
- Take a data-driven approach to writing, utilizing our in-house analytics tool and Google Analytics to gain insights on article performance. Use GA to track progress toward monthly data benchmarks of performance.
- Promote your work on our branded social media channels.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote environment.
What makes the Endgame360 network a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 35 million monthly readers.
- We leverage our organic growth at cheatsheet.com for continued success with offshoot sites like Sportscasting.
- We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Sportscasting, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) contributions and continuing education reimbursements.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of sports topics, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our readers.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- A working knowledge of SEO and previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.