|Gaia GPS||Customer Service||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
Come build the best outdoor mapping software in the world, and work with a group of people who spend tons of time outdoors. Your efforts will directly help a community of record-breaking backpackers, world-renowned guides, conservation scientists, wildland firefighters, hunters, offroaders, and more. Find Gaia GPS in the App Store, Google Play Store, and on gaiagps.com.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you’ll correspond with Gaia GPS users, and help them in using Gaia GPS for their adventures and work. You’ll create technical documentation and marketing materials. And you’ll have a critical role in helping to improve the software, by understanding users and providing feedback into the product development process.
This is a full-time salaried position starting at $32,000/year.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you’ll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
- Concise and powerful writer
- Ability to understand and solve obscure problems (poorly phrased questions, novice users)
- Works hard without constant supervision (remote experience a plus)
- Technically minded – affinity for statistics, testing, SEO, coding, and web technologies. Background and/or desire to learn more.
Traits/Activities We’ve Seen Correlate with Success
- you’re an expert at something, and you’ve developed hard skills (examples: musical instrument, a Master’s degree, programming, bodybuilding, video production)
- you have a lot of persistence (example: thru-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail)
- you excelled at a rigorous program (example: salesperson who hit metrics, REI associate top performer)
- you are self-taught in some areas
- vested interest in the outdoors and/or maps
- interest in or experience with programming
- previous experience working remotely
- good memory/recall