Trace is looking for an analytical, curious mind to join our Math Team (yes, we have a math team) for the summer as an intern. Working alongside a team of four people, you’ll use techniques from machine learning, computer vision, and signal processing to analyze sensor and video data in youth sports. You’ll be exploring novel and existing solutions to a wide variety of challenges in order to transform raw data into personalized video clips in our apps. We are often solving problems that no one has solved before, using real-world data for training. We’re looking for drive and a sense of fun as we work towards removing friction from youth sports video!
- Clean and organize data for training ML models
- Create tools for measuring the effectiveness of new models and techniques
- Research and explore existing solutions, learning new topics in detail when needed
- Collaborate with the math team to refine ideas, algorithms, and analyses
- Work with the backend, web, and mobile teams to implement production code, including providing written descriptions, specifications, and test data as needed
- Major in math, physics, or engineering
- Programming experience
- Curious, analytical, detail-oriented mindset
- Strong written and spoken communication on technical topics
- Experience with computer vision, machine learning, statistics, signal processing, robotics, sensors, GPS data, and sports
- We write code using Python, TensorFlow, OpenCV, C++, Matlab, and we maintain our projects using git, so if you’re familiar with or have heard of these, that’s a plus!