Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a Data Analyst, you’ll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other analysts, engineers, and product managers in discovering data insights to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data stack run on Python, Snowflake, Spark, and Airflow
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we’re currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here’s How You Will Make an Impact
- Play a key role in creating client-facing analytics by working closely with our Client Service Managers and Sales teams.
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, analysts and other developers to define and complete data projects from analysis to reporting.
- Show off your engineering skills by creating data products from scratch and automating code so they can be re-used continually.
- Leverage Doximity’s extensive datasets to identify and classify behavioral patterns of medical professionals on our platform.
- Grow into a presentation/communication-focused role or dive deeper into more-involved technical challenges – the choice is yours.
- B.S. or M.S. in quantitative field with 2-4 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of statistics and visualization.
- Expert SQL skills with proven ability to create and to evaluate complex SQL statements involving numerous tables and complex relationships.
- Fluent in Python and experience using common modules (numpy, pandas, statsmodels, matplotlib) for EDA.
- Comfortable with UNIX command line interface and standard programming tools (vim/emacs, git, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize incoming tasks from different stakeholders.
- Fast learner; curiosity about and passion for data.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products (EC2, S3, Snowflake).
- Prior exposure to workflow management tools (Airflow).
- Experience leveraging Apache Spark to perform analyses or process data.
Fun facts about the Insights team:
- We have access to one of the richest healthcare datasets in the world, with deep information on hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals and their connections
- The members of our team bring a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds
- Business decisions at Doximity are driven by our data, analyses, and insights
- We like to have fun – company outings, team lunches, and happy hours