Are you looking for a challenging team lead role in an innovative and fast-moving environment?
We’re looking for someone who can drive the Express Booking Product Intelligence domain forward by driving the mission ‘to contribute to educate and enable profound decision making within our Express Booking product engineering team and advertisers by providing insights from reliable up-to-date data.’ You will empower a team of enthusiastic talents, ensuring they remain high-performing, collaborative, flexible, proactive and open-minded to upcoming challenges. Think you can make an impact? Then read on and apply!
What you’ll do:
- Lead and be responsible for your team’s development by challenging the existing team structures, keeping an eye on the talent forecast and ensuring cross-team collaboration
- Ensure your team is aligned with the trivago and Express Booking mission, strategy
- Take part in business / product related strategies of your department
- Help define your team’s own vision, mission & strategy and support every team mate to succeed with their individual value contribution goals
- Align with team stakeholders to keep operations always in flow and support projects by reducing blockers and collecting information for other teams
- Keep up the team spirit by motivating, guiding and communicating well
- Assure an agile mindset within the team, collaborate with peer and agile coaches closely
- Make sure your team is in a performing phase
- Support your data engineering team mates with hands-on mentality with:
- Improving, optimizing and maintaining currently existing data pipelines
- Creating batch and real-time data pipelines
- Creating and maintaining Data warehouse and Data marts
- Developing ETL pipelines for Business Intelligence reports
- Carrying out proof-of-concepts/MVPs for new technologies and ideas
- Conducting and leading the technical brainstorming sessions within the team
What you’ll definitely need:
- Experience in leading teams and complex, cross-functional projects
- Very good communication skills to have a balance between technical teams and business owners
- Experience with big data processing technologies, such as (Node.js, ETL Tools, Hadoop, Mysql, Apache Kafka, HDFS, Impala, Hive, Kubernetes, Docker, Big Data Cloud Services)
- Experience working in agile environment specially Scrum based
- High drive to respond to operational challenges in a timely manner
- A deep level of technical skills and background in Infrastructure Engineering
- High levels of emotional intelligence and empathy
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our office in Leipzig offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and train together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/