We’re looking for a Data Protection Advisor to help our customers design, operate, and audit their information security management programs with Aptible.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team, and to lay the foundations for our Advisory Team of experts in security, privacy, and compliance. As Data Protection Advisor, you will engage directly with our customers—helping them make the most of Aptible Comply, and ultimately, build strong security and privacy cultures within their organizations.
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they’re creating quality products.
Commitment to the Team
We’re passionate about building a diverse team of talented people who accomplish great things together, regardless of where they are. We talk a lot about the science of high-performing teams and how to make Aptible the best environment to support that kind of team. If you love the mutual support and camaraderie of a strong team that wins together, we want to hear from you.
Commitment to Each Other
We commit to each other as individuals, one on one. We measure our commitments carefully and hold each other accountable, which means we’re able to deliver more for our colleagues and customers in the long run. We set only a few very clear, ambitious goals as a company each quarter, and talk about them constantly to reinforce focus. We make time to recognize, praise, and reward those who consistently deliver on their promises.
Commitment to The Mission
Startups are hard, and we expect challenges and missteps. We love winning, but most of all, we value getting back up and getting better at what we do. We are deeply motivated to build trust on the internet by empowering teams, and we respect grit and perseverance in furtherance of that mission.
Growth Over Perfection
We fail often and early, and learn from it. We talk about improving constantly. We praise those who give feedback early and often. We put effort into being good at giving feedback: When we give feedback, we make each other feel big, not small. This helps create an environment where we can take reasonable risks, which in turn helps us make decisions quickly and learn fast. We expect managers to delegate a lot, and acknowledge that delegation means sometimes letting someone make what you think is the wrong decision.
Teaching as Learning
We are a team of learners. We value and respect teaching as the best way to learn, and make time to share information openly. We set explicit goals around training, and devote resources to developing and improving our internal training. We praise those who share knowledge in public — by asking and answering questions in team chat, writing documentation, and writing for our customers.
Taking Responsibility Over Giving Responsibility
Identifying problems is a good start, but we love solving them more. We think and talk a lot about how we can improve, and work hard at it. We value and reward those who take initiative. We don’t like meetings where we only talk about problems.
We ask “why?” a lot in order to understand root causes. Asking why helps us cultivate focus and make high-quality decisions quickly. We don’t attribute mistakes to human error. We view them as a starting point for an inquiry, not the end.
- You’ll establish relationships with CEOs, COOs, CTOs and other key customer stakeholders, making sure they feel supported as they onboard and get acquainted with Aptible.
- You’ll serve as a teacher and advisor to our customers, explaining complicated concepts in accessible terms, making concrete recommendations and helping our customers make decisions, and developing an external knowledge base to educate and build our community.
- You’ll collaborate with our Customer Success Managers to guide customers throughout their time with Aptible and actively find ways to help them advance their goals.
- You’ll serve as the voice of our customers, delivering subject matter insights and constructive feedback to our Product Team to inform the development of Gridiron.
- Security Standards & Data Privacy Expertise: You’re a subject matter expert with a track record of success in leading an internal audit program (ISO 27001, SOC 2, HITRUST), as well as an internal regulatory compliance program (HIPAA, GDPR). Bonus: You also have a CIPP/E or CISSP Certification.
- Client Services Skills: You’re committed to delivering service excellence in every client interaction. You have experience leading and developing work product for external clients.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You have experience explaining complicated concepts and drafting clear communications that demonstrate attention to detail. Experience communicating with Senior Leaders is helpful, but not required.
- Project Management Skills: You have experience running several projects at once in a dynamic environment. You’re comfortable working collaboratively with internal and external clients, taking initiative to move projects forward and deliver results on time.
- Problem Solving Skills: You have experience analyzing root causes and identifying creative solutions to complex business problems we may not have encountered before.
- Legal Experience (Not Required): You’re an attorney with experience in security, privacy, or compliance. You have a track record of success in helping clients understand broad regulations or requirements, and applying them to clients’ specific situations.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 12 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.