Are you motivated by the thought of developing bidding algorithms that help independent hoteliers succeed on trivago’s marketplace?
Join the Advertiser Intelligence team and help improve our hoteliers’ performance on trivago developing a portfolio approach as an addition to our existing bidding algorithm. You will work closely with the cross-functional Rate Connect taskforce including Product and Sales to turn their strategic goals into clear algorithm requirements and develop a portfolio solution that hits the intended target.
If you are looking for a job in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that makes active use of the trial and error principle and lives data-driven decision making, apply today.
What you’ll do
- Develop a portfolio bidding algorithm using rule-based or machine learning techniques intended to hit the stakeholder requirements
- Design, implement and analyse A/B tests to fine tune the algorithm’s performance
- Crunch and analyze data to discover new applicable insights
- Propose and investigate measures to evaluate the effectiveness of your algorithms.
- Work in in a cross-functional team with Data Analysts, Product and Sales
- Stay on top of the latest modeling and algorithm developments and evaluate their potential for implementation to solve our business problems.
What you’ll need
- A degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills and statistical knowledge. You should be confident in your ability to identify and interpret patterns and outliers.
- Experience solving concrete business problems through data analysis and algorithm development
- Experience with SQL and/or big data technologies (Hive, Impala etc.)
- Experience working with R, Python (or similar languages)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to derive concrete requirements from stakeholder expectations
- Fluent English (our company language).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Ourstate-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.