|Spark Networks||IT||Full Time||Berlin||Germany|
The teams including product owners, developers (mobile, full-stack etc.)to create successful products that deliver maximum value for our customers.
Our tech stack includes Mongo, Spring Boot, node.js, go-rpc, Docker, Kubernetes, gitlab, npm, SASS, JS, jQuery, CSS3 and HTML, React, kotlin, and swift. We run everything in our new platform on cloud (AWS) using Kubernetes and Docker.
As Developer – Principal level, your mission will be to:
- Become one of the drivers behind the development of LoveOS, the new platform of Spark Networks.
- Provide servant leadership, and coaching to junior team members.
- Establish a collaborative environment covering processes, workflows, responsibilities and team dynamics, which enables rapid (SCRUM, Kanban etc.) development with an absolute focus on delivering stable and resilient products/services.
- Foster a work environment of open communication, responsibility, respect and trust and include everyone relevant in product/service meetings: Devs, SI’s, and Ops.
- Co-own with the Product Manager the roadmap and be responsible for delivery commitment, and ship frequently without drama.
- Do and teach all the best technical practices like:
- Designing / giving functional and technical direction to a solution.
- TDD, BDD, DDD etc and clean code, software craftsmanship, testing at all levels (including end to end)
- Have a practical knowledge about docker, and kubernetes
- Refactoring (esp. refactoring to clean code principles).
- Continuous delivery and integration with Static analysis tools.
- DB scripting (using the likes of flyway and DBUnit).
- Estimation, planning, retrospectives, tasking, pair programming.
- Modularisation, and how this works with a service-based approach.
- Reduce time-to-market for new features
- Increase overall availability of the product
- Reduce the time it takes to deploy a software release/feature/functionality
- Increase the percentage of defects detected in testing before production release
- Make more efficient use of infrastructure
- Provide performance and user feedback to the product manager
Competencies we are looking for:
- People development and management ability.
- Analytical thinking and critical ability.
- Excellent communication skills and working with people of different levels and departments.
- Willingness for continuous learning and development.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation and good organization.
- Organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Understanding of either JVM-based languages (Java / Kotlin) or node in depth.
- Experience with infrastructure projects such as maintenance and migration to cloud based platforms (in this case AWS) and full continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools such as Spinnaker or Ansible.
- Fluent English skills (written and verbal).
- University degree, probably with a focus on Engineering or many years’ experience in the industry.
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- 27 holidays p.a.
- Flexi-time (where possible)
- Urban Sports Club membership (subsidized)
- Weekly in-house Yoga class
- Team sporting events
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- In-house German language class or Babbel subscription
- Free access to Blinkist library
- Monthly training sessions via the ‘Spark Academy’
- Monthly team insight presentations via the ‘Meet the XX’ series
- Leadership training via the ‘Leadership Circle’ series
- Career development plans
LIFE & LOVE
- Relocation support (visa and registration)
- Company pension (15% company contribution)
- Cooperation with Berlin nursery (“Kita”) chain (no guarantee for free spot)
- BVG ticket discount (public transport)
- Free account on our dating platforms
- Employee discount program in collaboration with hundreds of brands
Friendly working atmosphere with free drinks, lots of food, company parties, team events and great colleagues from all over the world – check out our Career Video to meet your future colleagues!
Let Spark Networks be part of your success story!