|Singapore American School||Education||Full Time||Singapore||Singapore|
The Admissions Director is the front-line representative of the school to prospective students and their families. Therefore, the ideal candidate will enthusiastically and persuasively represent the spirit, culture, and core values of SAS to current and prospective students and parents in an articulate manner. This includes the way the individual leads a very dynamic and experienced admissions team and works to strategically attract and build each new cohort to benefit SAS as a learning community. It also involves management of the applicant pool and enrollment targets through systematic and efficient handling of applications, communication of sensitive decisions and issues with candidates and their parents, tours of the institution, enrolment data management and analysis, coordinating arrangements for admissions testing, securing of necessary student credentials, and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
The Admissions Director is expected to work closely with the three division principals, all deputy principals, and division counselors, as well as collaborating with the business office. The Admissions Director is expected to advise the superintendent on admissions trends, the competitive landscape, strategic challenges/opportunities, and to fully contribute as a member of the school’s leadership team.
- Interview and register new and/or returning students.
- Maintain all records for current and former students.
- Develop enrollment goals and strategies and maintain current enrollment count. Generate weekly reports to share with the offices of the superintendent, principals, and counselors.
- Liaise with counselors and principals on student orientation, testing, and other essential components of new student enrollment.
- Oversee preparation of student pass applications for the Singapore Manpower and Education Ministries, along with Senior Admissions Specialist.
- Maintain a close relationship with orientation and relocation services operating in Singapore.
- Complete outside database questionnaires, forms, and surveys as requested by the superintendent for governmental and other purposes.
- Maintain close contact with the human resource departments of corporations/businesses who have their employees’ dependents enrolled at SAS.
- Establish and maintain an inquiry and application system, including the preparation of relevant information materials.
- Maintain all records, correspondence, files, and confidential records in an organized and accessible manner.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all school and admissions office records.
- Ensure compliance with school policies and procedures as related to the job responsibilities of this position. Suggest new policies as appropriate.
- Conduct an annual review of the school’s compliance with the Private Education Act and the Council for Private Education regulations, including reporting the results thereof to the administrative cabinet.
- Relate courteously and effectively with students, parents, school personnel, media and community members necessary.
- Represent SAS and its core values at various gatherings and conferences related to admissions.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director to develop and distribute initiatives that articulate the school’s admissions philosophy, capacity, admissions priorities and admission timeline, as well as crafting marketing strategies for SAS via electronic and print media.
- Provide strategic counsel to the superintendent regarding recruiting strategies, enrollment trends, marketing, and the competitive landscape.
- Advise the business office regarding financial trends with families and applicants.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Terms of Employment:
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the SAS approved compensation plan for this position.
- Two year initial administrative contract at the director level.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors Degree, Advanced Degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ of admissions, professional public relations and/or customer relations experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Experience in a multicultural, high performance, educational environment
- Chinese language skills preferred. Additional languages a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong group presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrating the ability to motivate and develop a team of admissions professionals while simultaneously contributing to a positive school climate
- High competence in current systems and technology
- Skills reviewing and analyzing student transcripts, test scores, and other relevant admissions data