|Lambda School||Business||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fundraising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We’re looking for a senior leader who can own the business operations side of Lambda School, identify and own our most important metrics, and also roll up their sleeves and contribute from day one. You’re a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced team environment. You are a strategic thinker who can help shape the future of Lambda School.
What You’ll Do
- Define and track Lambda School’s most important metrics across our Admissions, Learning and Outcomes funnel and ensure alignment of business objectives and accountability across functions, supported by performance measurement and other data reporting
- Lead cross-functional meetings, including driving shared agreements on terms and ensuring any bottlenecks are cleared and process is optimized for key results
- On an ongoing basis, serve as an advisor to the CEO and Chief Business Officer on the health of the business and to identify, develop, and execute strategic plans to achieve business goals
- Conduct operational analyses to measure efficiency, identify issues, and optimize for efficiency across the organization
- Present insights and make recommendations to inform critical business decisions
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in Business Operations or related role
- Deep operational and strategy experience, preferably at a fast-growing company
- Demonstrated ability to drive business insights and operational improvement in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Highly analytical, strategic and creative thinker with strong business judgment
- Ability to drive initiatives with minimal structure, and be influential within the Lambda organization to garner internal support for your initiatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams through both in-person and remote management
- Passion for Lambda School and its role in improving people’s lives through education
At Lambda School, we’re looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren’t an exact match with what we’ve laid out in this job description. We’re building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.