Booking.com is one of the world’s largest and most successful e-commerce services, and requires a world class infrastructure platform for its products and services.
As the owner of the platform team, your responsibilities will span designing and operating the compute/storage/network in our physical data centers to provisioning and managing our public cloud resources.
You will direct strategic initiatives, creation of product roadmaps, the engineering and operational activities to deliver the platforms, and driving innovation for booking.com customers.
We hire the best and the brightest professionals, and we empower them to innovate.
Our vision is to empower people to experience the world. Wherever our customers go and whatever they do, they book it with us.With over 1.5 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5 million + accommodations worldwide, our daily mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere.
You take full end to end responsibility for your area.
- Create and execute the strategy for evolving and operating Booking.com services across physical data centers and public cloud platforms.
- Gather requirements, manage expectations, and deliver best-of-class platforms to booking.com internal customers.
- Oversee the operational requirements to run world-class platform services at high SLA. Manage incidents and service quality, drive down toil through process and automation, and track results against our year on year goals.
- Identify strategic partners and manage their delivery against cost, functionality, and SLA commitments.
- Accountable for creating budgets aligned to business growth and technical needs of our internal stakeholders, manage to those budgets in conjunction with our finance partners.
- Benchmark our platform infrastructure against industry standards and competitors for cost, innovation, and operational excellence.
- Partner with our technical infrastructure teams around the world, meet their unique needs, and integrate end to end with Booking.com’s global infrastructure.
This position is open to candidates worldwide and when hired we provide Visa and Relocation assistance. Technology is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com