|WordPress VIP||IT||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
WordPress VIP, the enterprise WordPress digital experience platform, is looking for an extraordinary person to build and lead our Sales Engineering function, which will improve our ability to sell into prospective technical audiences.
The Director of Sales Engineering provides technical leadership to the Enterprise Sales team, building and maintaining the structure to support our sales programs and team. They define and implement scalable processes and systems that deliver technical expertise with a focus on consultative solution-based selling.
You should be:
- Experienced with WordPress project implementations, development, community, and standards.
- An amazing communicator; you are great at holding people’s attention whether presenting, talking on the phone, or writing a quick blog post.
- Able to bridge the gap between a client’s business needs and technical solutions.
- Quick to resolve unexpected challenges, and collaborate with both developers and C-suite executives.
- Opinionated about how the power of digital experiences influence the inner workings of enterprise publishers and organizations.
- Able to translate common prospect and customer requests into actionable roadmap developments
- Lead or assist in the demo process, including building, running, and training the team based on our buyer personas and verticals.
- Partner with sales execs in gathering requirements from prospects and understanding how to remove barriers in the sales cycle to move deals forward.
- Explore proof of concept projects to demonstrate common requirements and overcome prospect concerns about WordPress or VIP capabilities.
- Lead the RFP/RFI process and be the primary point person on responses, including making buying decisions on software used to enable these processes.
- Provide technical education to the Sales team to ensure a complete understanding of our platform and services.
- Provide feedback from clients and prospects to help guide product roadmaps.
- Translate technical requirements into value discussions.
- Lead the processes and procedures of the SE role, that can be replicated and trained with future SE hires.
- Qualify sales opportunities in terms of technical requirements, competitive landscape, and business drivers.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socio-economic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to
jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé (PDF format only).
Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us some details about an interesting problem you’ve worked on recently. What made it interesting?
- Tell us about an experience you’ve had as a Sales Engineer or similar function / role.
- What attracted you to applying at WordPress VIP?
All Jobs Require
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is vital.
- Self-driven work ethic. You should be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing WordPress and technology trends on behalf of the VIP team and clients, often training others once you’ve become proficient. Flexibility is key.