|United Airlines||Other||Full Time||Worldwide||Worldwide|
Please apply to this position only if you are fluent (speak & read) in Dutch, German, Hebrew, Hindi, or Mandarin. If you do not speak and read the above languages please regularly check jobs.united.com for future opportunities.
Please do not apply if you have other flight attendant applications on file or if your 6-month window to reapply has not concluded. If you apply to more than one flight attendant application, you could be disqualified.
*Please note that if you receive a conditional offer to attend flight attendant training you will be placed into a future class hiring pool with the exact date of your training yet to be determined. Base assignments are determined by operational needs during the second week of training.*
Would you enjoy traveling the U.S. and even the world? Are you eager to provide exceptional service and ensure a comfortable and relaxing flight for all of our customers? Are you genuinely friendly and willing to put others first? You’d make a great Flight Attendant for United Airlines at one of our base domiciles.
As our most highly visible employee, you are expected to prepare and serve meals, snacks, and beverages, as well as conduct sales of food and liquor. We’ll also rely on your physical agility and strength to assist customers as they board and your leadership to maintain order in the event of high-stress situations such as aircraft evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, severe weather conditions, and turbulence.
Your service heart will help you take flight
- Flight attendants at United are expected to display exceptional interpersonal skills, exercise good judgment, and be able to resolve conflicts with grace.
- Caring happens regardless of our customers’ dispositions or challenges. There will be moments where you are expected to remain calm and positive even when our customers are not.
- Experience in customer service, hospitality, food service, the aviation industry, safety-related positions, social service, healthcare/medical positions or the military would be ideal.
What you receive for your skills and caring spirit
- United is pleased to offer employees a competitive compensation package including industry leading pay, exceptional benefits and travel privileges.
- Compensation for this role is paid at an hourly rate for hours flown or credited (First-year pay of $27.76 + $2.00 reserve override per flight hour + per diem).
- Additional compensation for language skills, lead positions, and international trips.
- Bonuses for meeting customer satisfaction, arrival and departure targets, and rewards for perfect attendance.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
- Flight privileges: you, your family, and your friends can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by.
Opportunities are available in our base domiciles
- You could be assigned to one of our base domiciles (Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, San Francisco, Washington Dulles, Boston, Cleveland, Las Vegas, Honolulu, London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Guam Micronesia or Tokyo Narita) and are expected to have reliable transportation.
- You should possess and maintain a valid U.S. passport or foreign passport with applicable visas.
- You need to be eligible to work and travel freely within the U.S. and all countries we serve, without restriction.
The ability to work any schedule or shift is crucial
- You should expect to work on reserve, with a guarantee of 78 flight hours per month, based on operational needs.
- You are expected to be available for assignments 24/7, including nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours and on limited notice.
- You should be willing to fly domestic and international flights and be away from your base domicile for up to six days.
- As you gain seniority, you will gain more flexibility and control over your schedule.
- Being able to maintain reliable, punctual attendance is critical.
- Dependability and reliability are essential—we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
A few more basic requirements for this role
- 21 years of age or older at time of application
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years of college preferred
- Height between 5’0” and 6’3” without shoes
- Professional appearance (e.g. no visible tattoos or facial piercings)
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; fluently speaking and reading a second language is an asset
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (e.g. lift luggage to overhead bin; lift window exit), and push and pull heavy equipment (e.g. should be able to push/pull beverage cart up to 250 lbs.)
- Ability to pass vision, hearing and middle ear function tests, ten-year work history review, criminal background check, physical exam and drug screen
- Successful completion of a seven-week training program (we provide a $140/week per diem, along with hotel accommodations, breakfast and lunch while in class) Trainees who successfully complete the seven-week training program will receive a $1,000 incentive payment at graduation
- Ability to purchase initial uniform and luggage (payment plan available)