At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
We work hard to provide our users with an amazing, localized app experience so they can focus on their most important tasks right away. Our apps are translated into almost 20 different languages and we strive to support more and more languages that are represented by our users.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
We’re looking for a native Brazilian Portuguese speaker who has a demonstrated passion and experience for translation. In this part-time role, you will deliver excellent translation services, delighting our customers with localized app, help center, and marketing content. You’ll collaborate closely with localization project managers to develop specific terminology for new features which will shape the Doist voice for your local market/region. You will also be responsible for identifying and addressing linguistic issues, and maintaining language references such as a glossary and style guide.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Native-level fluency in English and Brazilian Portuguese
- At least 2 years of translation experience, preferably for a tech company
- Demonstrated passion for localization quality and consistency
- Proactive work style with the ability to deliver on a tight schedule
- Perfect English skills and very high attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated
- Bonus: An understanding of translation management tools, glossary, translation memory
*Please note that this will be a 3 month contract.*