SpatialKey is looking for an extraordinary Front End Software Engineer to join its lean and nimble team!
Who we are
SpatialKey is a Software as a Service (SaaS) geospatial analytics platform. We create APIs and applications that let enterprise customers transform their data into actionable intelligence. Through focused analytics and data visualizations, SpatialKey helps more than 100 insurers around the globe understand risk accumulations and composition, respond to active catastrophic events and manage exposure at the point of underwriting. Our solutions amplify the value of insured data and expert content through unmatched user experiences and breakthrough geospatial analytics.
Why work with us?
We are committed to building a high-growth business alongside very supportive clients, who are also pursuing a competitive edge and innovation. We have been in business since 2011; and have strong brand recognition and equity, a profit-positive balance sheet, an exciting growth story, and a proven vision. We are based out of Austin, TX, but we’re committed to an autonomous and remote work environment with team members working remotely across the globe. Today there are about 35 of us, half of whom are technically inclined. When we grow, we do so deliberately by carefully hiring the best people in the industry.
What to expect
As a Front End Software Engineer at SpatialKey you will be a key member of a cross-functional Product Delivery Team consisting of other developers and subject matter experts. You’ll apply your experience within your team as an active contributor to our growing codebase to implement new features, squash bugs and improve the product to delight our customers. Expect your code to reach production about every two weeks. Your team will also rely on your technical input during planning, design, and requirements-gathering. You’re experienced developing non-trivial front-end applications and you’re not afraid to learn something new. Our product and the space we are in has grown over 10 years so we have solved some interesting problems and there are more on the horizon, you will not be bored!
You will also need top-notch communication skills; as a remote organization, it is important to be able to convey your thoughts, and ideas in a clear fashion across various mediums, and not be afraid to speak up. In addition to your delivery responsibilities, we share customer support duties across all teams and you will also be asked to serve in a rotating support capacity alongside your coworkers. This means communication is critical not only internally, but also customer-facing.
If you’re an energetic, team player that loves to develop and ship complex enterprise web apps, let’s talk!
What you’ll need:
- A collaborative spirit
- Great communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- 5 years of software development experience
- Proven ability to manage your own time
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to advocate for better practices
- Proven ability to be proactive and work independently
- Proven ability to translate business problems into code
- Proven ability to write modular, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Comfortable reading/writing code using OOP and FP principles/patterns
- Comfortable working collaborative through code reviews, both giving and receiving
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks (React, Vue, etc)
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Willing and capable of pitching in across the stack
- Experience with ES6, TypeScript, MobX, Leaflet, Electron, Flex, NodeJS, Python w/Flask
- Experience with JIRA in an Agile development environment
- Experience configuring webpack and optimizing builds/bundles for speed, architecture and end-user experience
- Test-driven development
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Presenting at professional conferences or local meetups