You will be a part of a highly skilled, inspiring, and supportive team developing a product that is loved by developers and content editors all over the world.
Sanity.io is a platform for structured content. It comes with real-time APIs and an open source content editing environment built with React.
Our users are developers and content editors from diverse backgrounds. Freelancers, small developer shops, renowned agencies, and large multinational corporations from a wide range of industries are choosing Sanity as their content platform.
As a developer at Sanity.io, you will make an impact that affects a lot of users. This role can be based in either Grünerløkka in Oslo, Norway, or San Francisco, with occasional travel between the two.
On a day-to-day basis you will join our growing team of six developers and two (coding) designers, all working closely together. We aspire to a culture of learning, openness, and exploration:
- We use code reviews as an opportunity to learn from each-other.
- We believe in co-operation, and not ninja/rockstar driven development.
- Regular show and tell sessions giving all team members the opportunity to share what we have created or learned recently.
- Our working language is English.
- Short and efficient meetings.
- We are using Slack for team and community communication. It’s OK, and often encouraged, to snooze notifications for focus.
- We like to have a sober and pragmatic approach to scrum, agile, and all the buzzwords.
- As part of the team, you will be contributing to our React-based editing environment, supporting libraries, tooling, and microservices.
- You will be working in an organization that is attuned towards developer experience, both on the inside and the outside.
- Most of what we do is open source.
- We use GitHub for source code and project management.
- We are active in our growing and friendly developer community.
- We work with leading players in the web development ecosystem (such as Google, Netlify, Zeit, Mux, and Gatsby).
- We get support from our developer advocates for communicating code in blog posts, conference talks, or videos.
- Our management has a strong technical background – all parts of the company are technically savvy and curious.