|Giant Army||Art/Design||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
Giant Army is looking for a graphics developer to join our team and help improve Universe Sandbox. You will be working closely with our team’s senior graphics developer to help develop, improve, and maintain assets and visual effects. As your skills and experience with the position grow, you will begin to research and develop entire visual subsystems of Universe Sandbox.
This is a full-time, remote position.
Join us. We’re making something incredible that’s unlike anything else.
- Maintain focus on interactive, realistic, and scientifically-accurate visual representations
- Work independently with guidance from our senior graphics developer, team scientists, and director
- Maintain source assets by integrating new data, such as updated elevation maps
- Prepare assets for use in the engine, such as importing and error checking models and textures, and creating and assigning materials
- Procedurally or manually generate textures for shader effects and surfaces
- Develop and maintain code used to connect visual and simulation systems
- (Strong C# & Unity Engine experience) || (Experience with an entity component model & object-oriented programming)
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines, rendering techniques, and graphics-related math
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders (HLSL, GLSL, Cg)
- Appreciation for, and focus on, realism and detail
- Familiar with version control (we use GitHub), task-management systems (we use GitHub+ZenHub), code reviews, and so forth
- Self-driven; comfortable working collaboratively and remotely
- Passion for science, astronomy, and real-time interactive simulations
- Love of fantastical what-if scenarios: what-if.xkcd.com (note citation #6 on 148)