In this position, you will report directly into the VP Global Public and Regulatory Affairs and work closely with the company leadership across the organisation. You will shape all aspects of public affairs-related matters for Lilium in the Americas, both in terms of political stakeholder management at the supranational, national, and regional level as well as the establishment of partnerships with state(-owned) entities.
Lilium is embarking on an entirely new concept, bringing air transportation into cities. Thus, a large change in the general thinking will be necessary to ensure our vision becomes a reality soon. We strongly believe that our service is a true benefit for cities and people around the world. With low noise and zero air pollution, as well as affordable pricing, it will enrich how we live our lives and enable many more opportunities, as well as economic growth. Our vision is bold, and it is completely new. It will require a world-class team to make it happen. This is why we are gathering global top talent which by now has already become the largest eVTOL company in the world.
In developed countries, our service will aid congested cities, rebalance urbanisation and make the dream of countryside living and city working a reality. Thanks to the low-cost infrastructure needs, it will also help governments significantly improve the infrastructure needed for the next century. In developing nations, our technology might be even more revolutionising by leapfrogging the building of high-speed road and rail networks.
To achieve all of this, you will be leading Lilium’s Americas public affairs efforts, engaging with governments and cities as well as potential partners. You will find a unique opportunity to lead a team that is building on a green field and shaping the strategy of the global technology leader in the eVTOL space. You will work closely with the VP Global Public and Regulatory Affairs as well as the broader Lilium management to develop a vision for Lilium in the Americas, and manage your team to make the Lilium vision a reality.
Do you want to be the among the first public faces for Lilium in the Americas? Do you like to think ahead and want to be part of a leadership team that will change conventional wisdom? If you are saying “yes” to yourself when reading this, we look forward to hearing from you!
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Be among the first public faces for Lilium in the Americas, establishing relationships to government officials on all levels, future partners, and thought-leading urban air mobility among expert groups (including public speaking)
- Work with the VP Global Public and Regulatory Affairs and across the organization to develop our Americas strategy
- Review how Lilium is viewed by political and other stakeholders in the Americas; monitor activities in relevant American jurisdictions; if deemed necessary, respond to public policy threats and opportunities
- Represent Lilium in various continental, national, and regional interest groups as well as committee hearings, party conferences and other events
- Research, forecast and evaluate the effects of public policy on an organisation using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts
- Write newsletters, briefings, campaign material and press releases
- 15+ years of work experience in politics, public sector, or public affairs as a top-level decision maker
- Strong network in the Americas with focus on decision makers in the executive and legislative branch, aviation-related regulators, and relevant state-owned enterprises
- Extensive public speaking experiences, such as appearances on live TV and/or major conferences; in general, excellent (written and oral) communications skills)
- Work experience and/or deep personal interest in aviation and/or other public transit systems
- MBA, strategy consulting, start-up, or other business development experience a plus
- Strong academic background (e.g., PhD), especially in (aviation) law, a plus
- Fluent in English and other major languages of significance for the Americas; knowledge of German a plus
- Excellent negotiation skills and strong entrepreneurial thinking
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines