WalletHub is one of the leading personal finance destinations in the US and rapidly growing. The Head of Security will be reporting to the CTO and will cover all aspects regarding our website’s security.
- Perform security architecture review of the full stack and ensure that we are always ahead of potential threats
- Perform manual security testing and source code auditing for various technologies
- Handle penetration testing targeting critical data, services and environments and develop scalable test strategies
- Report underlying security issues and propose enhanced security protections
- Work proactively with product teams throughout the development cycle and integrate the best security practices
- Research vulnerability on our systems and develop security tools automating complex tasks
- Have a hands-on role in building security solutions as well as improving existing ones
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
- Hands on experience in Vulnerability assessment and Penetration testing
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby)
- Experience developing Java based applications
- Solid knowledge of Cryptography
- Experience in Ethical Hacking of web applications and networked infrastructure
- Experience in web application development and/or code auditing
- Experience in systems engineering with Linux systems is a plus
- Willingness to work hard (50 hrs per week)
- Very good English
- Very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
- Health benefits (in case you will be working from our office in Washington DC)
- Visa sponsorship
How to apply
To get our attention, all you need to do is click Apply and send us an email that includes your updated CV (mentioning how many years of experience you have writing your own scripts for checking and monitoring vulnerabilities).
If we believe that you will be a good match, we’ll contact you to arrange the next steps of the application process.
Ready to Apply?
Send a copy of your latest resume at: email@example.com