|Redox||Human Resources||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
As People Ops Business Partner, you will collaborate with leaders across the company to build the People infrastructure to scale their teams. This will not be easy. We are a fast growing startup with a team spread across the country. We consistently outgrow systems and processes that worked perfectly well just a year or two ago. We must proactively improve our People infrastructure in order to support the team as we grow. You will help drive this continual improvement.
You will work at both a tactical and strategic level. You will help leaders navigate the people issues that come up in a fast-growing team, advising on topics such as performance and talent management, onboarding, compensation, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, and team engagement. Your goal will be to help leaders make principled, equitable, and informed decisions.
You will also develop strategic programs that will allow us to better support the team as we scale. Your goal will be to make sure that Redox is a positive, productive, inclusive and growth-oriented place, where each Redoxer is able to contribute at their best, as we go through a period of tremendous growth.
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to build and support healthy and effective teams
- Advise leaders on people issues as they arise, making sure we do what is right for the company, the team, and the individuals
- Identify and help prioritize needs for People Ops programs that will be most impactful for the company
- Design, build, and implement People Ops programs related to performance management, onboarding, compensation, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, and engagement
- Build trust with Redoxers across the company, empower them to take on challenges, and serve as an escalation point when they need help
- 2+ years experience as a business partner, ideally in a high-growth enterprise or other setting involving a high degree of change
- You crave being hands on with program design and implementation, creating new programs from scratch or taking an existing program to the next level.
- Change management, especially partnering with an executive/manager to lead a change
- Experience advising on people management and HR topics, such as performance management, compensation, organization design, and diversity and inclusion.
- Acting as a sounding board and escalation point for Redoxers across the company
- Motivated to solve hard, complex, ambiguous problems
- Strong business and management acumen
- Strong communication, written and verbal
- High pace and sense of urgency
- Emotional resilience
- Committed to doing what is right, even when it is hard or unpopular
- High level of confidentiality
- Comfortable with a high degree of change and ambiguity
- Customer service mindset to understand and meet the needs of the teams you support
- Enough HR law knowledge to know when and how to research an issue