|Lufthansa||IT||Internship||East Meadow||United States|
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is looking for a motivated, qualified and proaktive student (m/f) who commits himself/herself to support our local team.
Lufthansa Passage offers students the chance to experience a dynamic working environment during an internship in our Business Process Automation department at the North American headquarters in East Meadow, NY.
All interns are fully integrated into the team while working on their own projects as well as supporting the daily business. We are looking for motivated and proactive students who use their knowledge to program for our Business Process Automation team starting September 16, 2019 for 6 months. Internships are offered only to students who are enrolled at university for the whole duration of the internship or in their GAP year.
As part of the local team, your tasks include the following:
- Actively taking part in further development of our B2B-Platform
- Extend our current tools (mainly Symfony Framework) with modules covering various workflows
- Translating and implementing business processes in a technical environment.
- Doing research and finding solutions for challenging problems as they come up
- Working independently on the improvement of the platform
- Applying SCRUM methodology
- Bug fixing for these tools
- Generating reports and presentations to communicate to stakeholders
- Organization of and participation in meetings
Your tasks may also include the following:
- Create and maintain written documentation and manuals
- Support and training for the users of the platform
- Perform other support functions as needed
- At the date of the internship you have completed the 2nd semester in business information systems (Wirtschaftsinformatik, BIS, MIS), Computer Science or related subjects with strong academic performance
- Enrolled during the entire period of the internship or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information you can find here: https://www.be-lufthansa.com/de/faqs-be-lufthansa/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit/
- Very strong analytical and mathematical skills (affinity to numbers), advantageous: previous experience in workflow automation tools
- Expert skills: SQL, PHP, HTML, MVC pattern, Symfony Framework
- Experience with Linux environments is advantageous
- (Basic) knowledge of SCRUM or agile principles.
- Fluency in English, previous international experience preferred but not required
- Team-oriented, motivated, energetic personality
- A strong desire to learn every day, self-starter mentality
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Must fulfill all criteria to get J-1 visa
- Please apply on-line and in English
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.