|Lufthansa||IT||Internship||East Meadow||United States|
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is looking for a motivated, qualified and proaktive student (m/f) who commits himself/herself to support our local team.
Lufthansa Passage offers students (m/f) the chance to experience a dynamic working environment during an internship in our Business Process Automation department at the North American headquarters in East Meadow, NY.
All interns are fully integrated into the team while working on their own projects as well as supporting the daily business. We are looking for motivated and proactive students who use their knowledge to program for our Business Process Automation team starting September 16, 2019 for 6 months. Internships are offered only to students who are enrolled at university for the whole duration of the internship or in their GAP year.
As part of the local team, your tasks include the following:
- Process / workflow automation, data reporting enhancements
- Extend our current tools with modules covering various workflows
- Administrate local data warehouses/ databases
- Support users of these tools
- Bug fixing for these tools
Your tasks may also include the following:
- Maintain, develop and prepare reports and presentations to support the management in their decision making
- Create and maintain written documentation and manuals
- Generate ad-hoc analyses and work on various current projects
- Research and analysis of current states of tools
- Outlining strategic options moving forward
- Organization of and participation in meetings
- Perform other support functions as needed
- At the date of the internship you have completed the 2nd semester in business information systems (Wirtschaftsinformatik, BIS, MIS) or related subjects with strong academic performance.
- Enrolled during the entire period of the internship or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information you can find here: https://www.be-lufthansa.com/de/faqs-be-lufthansa/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit/
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently within an area of confidentiality
- Very strong analytical and mathematical skills (affinity to numbers), advantageous: previous experience in workflow automation tools
- Very good MS Office skills: advanced Excel (pivot tables), advanced Access, VBA
- Expert skills: SQL, PHP, HTML, MVC pattern
- Fluency in English, previous international experience preferred but not required
- Team-oriented, motivated, energetic personality
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills, very good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Very good administrative skills
- Must fulfill all criteria to get J-1 visa
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.