|Kent State University||Education||Scholarship||Kent||United States|
For the international student who has a dream of studying in the United States, the Global Scholarship makes a Kent State Education “A Whole Lot Closer than You Think!
Kent State established the Global Scholarship in January 2018 because it values diversity among its student population and as a result seeks to attract a greater number of high quality international students to its campuses. The Global Scholarship is available to all incoming international undergraduate degree-seeking students who have been admitted to Kent State. The Global Scholarship provides eligible students with $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester), reducing the cost of a Kent State 4-year undergraduate degree by up to $16,000.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY
- An incoming UNDERGRADUATE International student
- Student qualifies as an incoming international student
- Freshman, transfer, exchange, visiting and International undergraduate students not on ESL are eligible for the Global Scholarship
- Graduate and current students are not eligible
- In-state resident students are not eligible for the Global Scholarship
- Only those students attending the Kent campus are eligible to receive the Global Scholarship
- Students will be automatically considered for the scholarship upon admission to the university.
The Global Scholarship grants each eligible undergraduate freshman or transfer student $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester). Incoming freshmen students may receive the Global Scholarship for a total of eight semesters. Transfer students may receive the Global Scholarship for up to eight semesters depending on the number of credits transferred to Kent State.
For the Global Scholarship to automatically renew each year, awarded students simply need to maintain continuous full-time enrollment at Kent State and good academic standing.