What Is Snackpass 🤔
Snackpass is mobile order meets social.
We focus on mobile order pickup, not delivery. Not only is the takeout market 5x greater than delivery, but usage is much greater: our users Snackpass breakfast, lunch, and dinner on a daily basis.
Social is our sauce. On Snackpass, you can unlock discounts with friends, send gifts, and collect points. Our users tell us that Snackpass is the most fun way to order food — that other food apps feel formal and boring in comparison.
We’re starting with college campuses. We have an advantage here — we started Snackpass while we were in college for us and our friends. Within a few months of launch, we had over 80% of Yale using the app. 18 months later, we are at 10+ campuses and over 10M in sales per year.
The future of the restaurant industry is mobile order — see Chipotle, Starbucks, Sweetgreen, Shake Shack. And the future of mobile payments is social. At Snackpass, we’ve found a way to make both work, packaged in a product that our users love and use on a daily basis.
We’re looking for creative and ambitious people to join us and scale Snackpass from 10+ campuses to 100 in the next 2 years. We’d love to talk with you.
Snackpass is a startup backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, General Catalyst and First Round Capital, the same firms who invested in Square, Uber and Airbnb.
About the Role:
The Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on Snackpass business. This role calls for a combination of communication, management skills, savvy analytics, strategic thinking, strong execution and the interpersonal ability to work with teams cross-functionally. You will be working to expand geographically and bring new products and fresh concepts to the region.
What You’ll Do
- Conceptualize and launch new cities, new products, new features and experiments (loyalty, vehicle instruments, fleet partnerships etc) within the region
- Work on reigniting underperforming cities / products
- Measure business impact of launched products / features; triage and prioritize defects and opportunities for improvement
- Manage our top-line and bottom-line KPIs
- Actively contribute to the Snackpasss obsession by defining and executing high impact engagement initiatives and retention processes
- Ensure service affordability, reliability and safety in all cities we operate in.
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes.
- Partner with other operations teams, as well as Community operations, marketing, public affairs and legal, to ensure growth needs are met.
What You’ll Need
- An orientation towards building sustainable projects with a measurable ROI rather than doing random hustle.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience preferably in operations, startup and advanced project management.
- Solid executional ability – you are able to plan and deliver new initiatives and have a track record of delivering projects on spec and on time
- Data-driven approach to making decisions and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Ability to build relationships, work cross-functionally and manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot quickly from long-term thinking to immediate action. Ready to travel
- Fluency in English + Conversational or fluency in a second language beneficial (but not required)