Agoda.com is a leading Asia-based, online travel accommodation company that specializes in securing the best accommodations at the lowest prices for travelers. Agoda.com is part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:BKNG). Agoda.com’s network includes more than 1,000,000 accommodations worldwide. The multinational staff of nearly 4,000 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service in 45 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals to both business and leisure travelers.
The L&D Specialist role leads key learning and development initiatives that support business objectives and employee development. They are expected to be proficient in needs analysis, instructional design and development, training delivery and evaluation.
Success in the role will be measured by efficiencies gained and quality provided by CEG employees, primarily Operations staff, as evidenced by increased KPI scores.
*** This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Relocation support and full visa sponsorship will be provided to successful candidates. ***
Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Analyze performance gaps and recommend solutions to close gaps related to knowledge, skills, and behavior
- Design and develop world-class training content and other L&D solutions, especially trainings related to soft skills development
- Deliver training effectively to build target knowledge, skills, and behavior
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of L&D programs in terms of improvements in KPIs or metrics
- Lead interactions between and collaborate with L&D staff, Operations, and other support teams to agree on and achieve L&D goals
- Answer the queries of the staff about L&D solutions and practices
- For some training sessions, it might require our L&D specialist to deliver the training outside regular office hours
- Able to design and develop training that meet learning objectives
- Has excellent training delivery skills
- Has good communication skills
- Has high customer-centric mentality and outstanding soft skills
- Has ability to identify interpersonal skills gaps in front line agents and create training solutions with appropriate evaluation metrics
- Able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate L&D solutions in the organization
- Able to maintain constructive work relationships with the employees of all departments; seniors as well as juniors
Someone who can work very well with Microsoft office applications would be ideal. Knowledge of learning and development practices, knowledge management, and management skills are a plus.
It is preferred, though not required, for candidates to have at least 1-year experience in L&D and/or Customer Experience-related functions to be eligible for this role.