In this role, you will report directly to our Head of Maintenance and work closely with other members of the aircraft engineering and production teams. Your contribution will be key for the development of Lilium’s ground-breaking aircraft and service quality.
The focus of this position is the definition of the aircraft’s lifecycle costs, both for the overall aircraft as well as for all key systems and components. The goal is to have a fully defined lifecycle cost process, including financial modeling, management of the required governance, and buy-in from all key stakeholders.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Provide a cost management focal point for product engineers and managers and support scenario planning
- Define, plan, coordinate and conduct a comprehensive set of product and subsystem level reviews, change boards, and audits to manage change incorporation
- Conduct financial analysis of change requests and product features incorporating all considerations on manpower, material, logistics, and operational impact
- Work with product & design teams in the development and implementation of project & design maintenance cost estimates and budgets that provide control baseline for performance measurement
- Ensure design concepts, as well as maintenance budgets and cost are developed taking cognisance of commercial and safety / airworthiness requirements
- Manage and coordinate cost interfaces (Internal & External) and sources of cost information (incl. supply chain, sub-contractors, etc.)
- Monitor and update cost reports throughout the product lifecycle, implementing managed change to budgets, providing robust reporting data to Project teams. Develop, analyse and report data contributing to its continued improvement.
- Identify efficiencies or improvements in all areas – Determine major product and service cost drivers and uncertainties and influence key technology owners to develop capabilities to close any identified gaps
- Prepare reports for management
- 3 years related experience with a proven track record of working successfully with product and engineering teams, managing the link between schedule, cost, quality, schedule, and risk
- Experience on significant aviation design projects and product management – Aviation working experience is required
- Current and relevant experience of the Industry, Maintenance and Airworthiness Planning and Manpower Logistics
- Exceptional strategic thinker and analytical skills; ability to address cross-functional and cross-organizational issues independently
- Proven track record of rapid execution at highest standards
- Strong academic background, especially in engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (German language skills a plus, as well as other languages)
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines