|Lambda School||Business||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fundraising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We’re looking for a driven and well-rounded Online Community Moderation Manager to join our Student Operations team. Our Online Community Moderation Manager will drive the strategy and execution of our technical support community, eventually leading a team of moderators as we continue to scale our school.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement the online community moderation strategy by closely collaborating with stakeholders across the company (Learning, Growth, Comms)
- Create and maintain Moderation Guidelines
- Review and moderate all student-generated and shared content, questions, and answers in Stack Overflow; ensure exceptional quality and alignment with internal and external policies
- Establish benchmarks to measure moderation volume and success; produce and present reports on moderation metrics, matters, and resolutions
What You’ll Need:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of online legal issues and considerations
- Operational knowledge of online community platform moderation tools
- Good technical understanding; can learn new tools and systems quickly
- Familiarity with compliance and customer support strategy
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Empathy and compassion for students
- Strong attention to detail
Bonus If You:
- Worked with Stack Overflow or similar platforms previously
- Experience working in non-traditional academic institutions
- Experience collaborating with remote coworkers
- Experience working with code or software development
- Lead moderation efforts at a high-growth startup previously
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
At Lambda School, we’re looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren’t an exact match with what we’ve laid out in this job description. We’re building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.