At Customer.io we believe that businesses who create strong relationships with their customers will outperform the ones that don’t.
We’re working to make Customer.io the default choice for any internet business to deliver great, automated customer experiences at scale. Customer.io is used by over 1200 businesses to create continuity after a person leaves a website or mobile app. Every message (receipts, win-backs, and onboarding) across every channel (email, push, sms and more) can be managed and measured in Customer.io.
Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from where you’re most productive, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
We understand that you might not have all the skills we’ve listed, and that’s okay. If you have a combination of some of the items listed and you’re interested in developing in the others, we want to hear from you!
What we’re looking for:
This is a key part of our growing remote Sales team!
As an Inbound MDR (Market Development Rep), you will be a trusted advisor in our customers’ evaluation of Customer.io, helping to transform their businesses with the Customer.io solution.
You will be responsible for taking inbound leads, qualifying them, and setting up product Demos for the Account Executives on the sales team. You will lead prospects from their initial contact with Customer.io, through qualification and hand them off to receive an in-depth personalized demo for their business.
As part of a dynamic growing team, this role will be fast-paced and challenging, with great earning and role advancement within the Customer.io Sales team!
We seek highly personable, opportunity-driven individuals that also collaborate well in a team environment. People who can quickly develop rapport and build relationships with prospects over the phone, and match their organization’s specific business needs with the benefits of Customer.io.
What will you be doing as an MDR?
- Qualify inbound leads who come in via forms on the company website, a trial, or customer referral. Communicate via phone, chat, and emails to establish account relationship.
- Engage new leads at lightning speed when they’re most engaged in finding a solution to their problems.
- Uncover business needs and pain points that Customer.io can help to resolve.
- Research and lead score new inbound leads, and plan your engagement strategy accordingly
- Demonstrate ability to manage the sales cycle, and convert prospects from one stage to the next.
- Schedule online demos for qualified prospects with the Account Executive team.
- Explain features and benefits of the products or services we offer.
- Communicate effectively with our Account Executive sales team to give and receive feedback on lead quality, so we’re consistently sourcing better leads that Customer.io can help.
- Provide basic reporting of present key metrics, trends, and administrative commitments for management.
What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree (in relevant field) or equivalent sales experience
- 1+ years inside or outside sales experience in a technology environment. Special consideration may be given to candidates with experience in the B2B SaaS.
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- You’re the face of the company to our customers. You care about having a tidy appearance and coming across as a professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as a professional and engaging phone presence.
- Ability to identify customer business needs in order to recommend relevant solutions.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems.
Who we are looking for?
- You’re a great listener and are able to understand and articulate complex ideas succinctly.
- You are motivated to over-perform, on the back of delivering tangible value and superlative experiences to your customers.
- You are competitive and have high expectations of your performance.
- You are intelligent and curious. You’re able to do independent research to identify the right value proposition to present to the right contacts in the right accounts.
- You have a high-energy approach to work and an eagerness to learn.
- You embrace learning, value feedback and work to improve every day.