|The Princeton Review||Other||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
TITLE OF POSITION: Mentor Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Mentoring and Quality Control
DATE CREATED OR REVISED: 10/21/2019
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
About The Princeton Review: The Princeton Review is a leading tutoring, test prep and college admission services company. Every year, it helps millions of college and graduate school-bound students achieve their education and career goals through online and in person courses delivered by a network of more than 4,000 teachers and tutors, online resources, and its more than 150 print and digital books published by Penguin Random House. Its Tutor.com brand is the largest online tutoring service with a community of more than 3,000 expert tutors and 17 million one-to-one tutoring sessions completed. The Princeton Review is headquartered in New York, NY. For more information, visit PrincetonReview.com. Follow the company on Twitter @ThePrincetonRev. The Princeton Review is not affiliated with Princeton University.
Summary of Position:
The Mentor Manager works as part of the Mentor Management team coordinating the work of mentors, quality control reviewers, and provider support systems to reinforce Tutor.com’s commitment to high quality in every session. Mentor Managers are responsible for managing mentoring activities and tutor mentoring teams. This individual will serve as a part of the Mentor Management team. This is a remote position.
Working in a team setting to:
- Work within and manage remote teams, build strong rapport, and build a collegial work environment.
- Manage large amounts of data with the purpose of making informed, data-based decisions.
- Identify trends in quality metrics and work with the team to develop tools for addressing trends, with the purpose of meeting metric goals to improve the educational quality of the student experience.
- Provide coaching and constructive feedback to develop, motivate, and promote independent thinking and team ownership to maximize performance.
- Assess quality of team members’ communication, online tutoring sessions, tutor performance, work completed by subject matter experts,
- Provide guidance to team members through challenging situations.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of policies, procedures, techniques and strategies for high quality tutoring sessions.
- Coordinate with the tutor recruitment team to assist in evaluating the quality of applicants by ensuring effective applicant testing and managing the quality of the mock session procedure.
- Analyze quality control, senior mentor, mentor and tutor performance issues and propose new procedures, resources, and best practices.
- Provide support to the Client Services team or other internal company departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 5 years classroom teaching experience at the high school or college level. Preference given to college level experience and applicants who have experience with online tutoring or teaching.
- Experience managing the quality of work of a team, to include, but not limited to, conducting robust data analysis and making data-informed decisions.
- Commitment to professional growth, demonstrated by ability to provide, receive and apply constructive feedback and continued development of professional skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by efficient time management to ensure all deadlines are met with high quality.
- Ability to communicate, both written and oral, with concise, empathetic, constructive language while maintaining professionalism and perspective throughout.
- Must be comfortable with technology and highly proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Microsoft Teams, and the Google documents environment
- Able to work well in a team environment and to motivate and support team members.
- Highly engaged, motivated and driven to solve problems, recommend changes, and take on additional responsibilities.
- Self-directed as demonstrated by the ability to work independently as needed.
- Solid understanding of how to implement constructivist pedagogy and other interactive educational strategies in an online environment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- All candidates must be US residents and legally eligible to work in the US.
- High-speed internet access required.