Bustle is seeking a remote part-time Movies Writer with a passion for film to contribute 2-3 full days per week. Applicants should have extensive knowledge of pop culture, strong news judgment, a fun and witty voice, and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. The writer will have an opportunity to write about all different kinds of movies, from blockbuster releases to independent films.
Ideal candidates should hold a degree in journalism/communications or similar, and should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, specializing in entertainment or celebrity writing. Applicants should have an established appetite for movies, yet be willing to branch out and cover less familiar genres if requested.
Writers are required to take on interviews and live coverage as necessary. Writers will work remotely.
A minimum commitment of at least 2 days per week is required, although the position could be 3-4 days a week as well.
- Write assigned movies stories swiftly and reliably
- Follow Bustle style and turn in crystal-clear, conversational copy
- Pitch ideas for features and movies coverage
- Attend screenings and conduct interviews whenever possible
- Interest in movies and pop culture in general
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Availability to work remotely at least two days a week
- Degree in journalism, communications, or related