|K Health||Healthcare||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
In 2016, We gathered a small group of technologists and doctors together and started discussing some pretty big questions:
- How can we make it easier for everyone to find personalized healthcare information?
- How can we remove barriers that limit access to quality healthcare from doctors?
- Could consumer-focused technology ultimately improve health outcomes?
- Why don’t individuals take more control of their health information?
At K, we’ve spent the last three years building products and services to address those questions and create a better healthcare experience for consumers, and we’ve built an amazing team to do just that. We aspire to use data and technology to deliver smarter, more personalized healthcare information, and increase access to quality care that costs dramatically less and leads to better outcomes.
We still have a long way to go, but with hundreds of thousands of users joining our platform every month, you have an opportunity to help shape the future of healthcare as we build the most sophisticated healthcare platform and make K the home for the world’s primary health needs.
As a Physician, you are not just a key member of the care team providing comprehensive virtual primary health to users, you are a member of the team that influences millions of lives with every click of a button.
Much of your time is devoted to providing remote care for users through our text-based AI portal, but to us, this is all about learning in real-time how we can provide better healthcare to more people. As a physician providing this primary care on the platform, you can forget about any coding or billing work – you get to focus on medicine. You are responsible for building consumer relationships through providing superior care, providing feedback to influence the improvement of our AI portal and developing our machine learning.
What you’ll do: Practice as demonstrated through the implementation of the Primary Health Standard of Care. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct patient care and model key K attributes of servant leadership, participating in huddles, interdisciplinary care approach and following standards.
- Provide patient centered, comprehensive virtual primary care services consistent with the patient centered medical home care delivery model, including participation in the selection of suitable treatment plans for all patients including participation in the selection of cost-effective treatment modalities.
- Encourage the medical care team in providing appropriate care in accordance with their duties and obligations.
- Provide continuous availability for medical and technical questions to the employees, patient care staff, and ancillary care providers including after-hours coverage.
- Actively participate in the Practice quality improvement programs, as well as participate in multidisciplinary quality assurance programs that monitor the performance of the Practice according to written policies.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and protocols of the Practice including assisting other care providers and extended care teams to comply and cooperate with clinical outcome reviews and measurements as may be established by the client.
- Adhere to privacy, compliance, and quality programs and other regulatory and compliance standards within the Practice.
- Generate feedback, innovative features and process improvements to better our user experience, physician experience and clinical reporting.
- Identify, escalate and mitigate technological gaps in our products and/or services.
- Lead meetings with product management counterparts to manage the roll out of our weekly sprints.
- Suggest improvements of the Primary Health Standard of Care including standard workflows, performance metrics / measures, policies / procedures, and other elements of lifestyle medicine programming.
- Champion change management and act as a mentor to part time physician staff – clinically and operationally.
- Make trips to Tel Aviv to spend time with our world-class Medical, Data and Algorithm Science teams to solidify our closed loop medical practice.
- Valid, state-issued medical license in good standing
- A minimum of 10 or more active medical licenses
- A minimum of 5 years professional post-residency experience in direct patient care
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement and risk management
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results
- Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems and execute on initiatives
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally
- Self-assured and results oriented
- Experience and demonstrated successful leadership of case management, disease management and/or population health programs
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate results
- Occasional travel to our New York headquarters and Tel Aviv office