Product Director, Strategic Partner Program fully owns and leads Agoda’s advance guarantee program, in which Agoda makes a financial commitment with selected accommodations partners and assume financial responsibility for selling rooms to consumers. This program enables Agoda to offer its partners unique benefits and is key to the continued development of Agoda continued strategic competitiveness.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with partner services teams, internal product and marketing teams to optimize for benefits and scale the advance guarantee program conditions, including details on inventory levels, cash flows, pricing decisions, marketing channels, opt out clauses, etc.
- Define Agoda strategic partner program product strategy, experiment with different formulas and options to improve market fit and road test go to market tactics to grow business development funnel conversion in Agoda’s many destinations
- Contribute to new demand prediction models based on internal data (Agoda searches and customer behavior) as well as external data (tourism statistics, seasonal trends, etc.) and use the demand prediction models to guide commercial efforts to the right markets and partners
- Work carefully with Agoda’s senior leadership team, especially finance and treasury, to monitor Agoda’s total exposure and to hedge risk as effectively as possible
- Support the development of Agoda’s advance guarantee program risk management policy, including its strategy, processes, controls and systems
- Bachelor Degree in business management, mathematics, economics or finance
- Advanced degree in the above a plus
- Expertise in go to market and market fit strategy and product development
- Experience in business intelligence, price analysis, elasticity models, reporting systems for strategic decision making
- Commercial approach to business with a strong understanding of the sales process and value chain
- Ability to synthesize complex problems and conceptualize appropriate solutions
- Quantitative, with strong intuition and ability to make judgments based on incomplete data
- Ability to “think outside the box” and use unconventional methods where necessary
- Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently
- Excellent communicator who expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Strong execution – has a desire to take ideas and solutions and make them reality
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.