|Gaia GPS||IT||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
Help build the future of outdoor mapping at Gaia GPS.
We’re looking to hire people who can be very product-focused – strong coders who can also do things like wireframe their own ideas, use analytics to drive decisions, and drive growth with ideas and execution. Right now, we perceive the most need for engineers who want to focus on front/middle-end mobile/web, but we’ll consider any strong candidate.
This page is for mid- and senior-level hires. More junior candidates should apply as Software Engineer I.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you’ll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Skills and Requirements
- We heavily favor candidates who do a lot outdoors.
- You must have published complex websites, apps, or other software.
- Experience in our stack is a plus. Our front-end include Swift/Objective-C, Android Java, React, and node.js. Our back-end includes Postgres/PostGIS, AWS, Django/Python, and Docker. We have extensive map building infrastructure based on OpenStreetMap and other open data and tools.