In this position, you will report directly into the Head of Public Affairs Americas, EMEA, or APAC, respectively (ad interim, into VP Global Public & Regulatory) and work closely with other members of the management.
The role will work on all aspects of matters of public affairs for Lilium. The company is embarking on an entirely new concept, bringing air transportation into cities, thus a large change in the thinking of people, regulators and politicians is needed to ensure our vision becomes reality. This means engaging with regulators, cities and countries as well as potential partners around the globe. Our vision is bold, it is new and will require global top talent to make it happen.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is building on a green field and shaping the strategy of one of the most exciting companies worldwide. We strongly believe that our air transportation service is a true benefit for cities and people around the world, with low noise and zero air pollution, as well as affordable pricing, it will enrich how we live our lives and enable many more opportunities, as well as economic growth.
In developed countries, it will aid congested cities, rebalance urbanisation and make the dream of countryside living and city working a reality. Thanks to the low-cost infrastructure needs, it will also help governments significantly improve the infrastructure needed for the next century. In developing nations, our technology might be even more revolutionising by leapfrogging completely the building of high speed road and rail networks.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Establish and maintain relationships with official bodies and stakeholders in relevant geographies
- Conduct research, prepare high-level meetings, and work out written submissions and statements
- Support the development of our strategy and work with other departments within our company to develop political solutions tailored to their needs
- Monitor activities and alterations in legislation in relevant jurisdictions globally
- Attend interest group meetings, select committee hearings, party conferences and other events
- 5+ years (Associate) and 10+ years (Senior Associate), respectively, of work experience in politics, public sector, media, or public affairs with exposure to top-level decision makers
- Strong political network in 1-2 relevant geographies
- Work experience and/or deep personal interest in passenger transportation and/or aviation
- MBA, strategy consulting, start-up, or other relevant business experience a plus
- Strong academic background, especially in law, a plus
- Fluent in English and/or German; additional substantial language skills a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and able to develop positive working relationships across different levels and functions
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines