At Customer.io we believe that businesses that create strong relationships with their customers will outperform the ones that don’t. We’re working to make Customer.io the default choice for any internet business to deliver great, automated customer experiences at scale. Curious about how we’re getting there? Check out our blog!
Our check-out, renewal, bill calculation, and upgrade processes are mission critical for our business. When they work well, our business thrives. You’ll help our business thrive. We’re looking for a collaborative, customer-minded engineer with experience working with billing in a SaaS environment who is excited to apply rigor and creativity to how we collect money from our customers.
We understand that you might not have all the skills we’ve listed, and that’s okay. If you have a combination of some of the items listed and you’re interested in developing in the others, we want to hear from you!
Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. This is a cross-functional role in which you’ll have the chance to work closely within our Engineering team, while interfacing with members of our Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Operations, Data and Support teams.
We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
What you’ll do:
- Improve our end-to-end billing process and experience for customers. You’ll work closely with our Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to create clear, relevant billing flows
- Work with our billing manager to define, document, improve and automate our internal billing processes and notifications
- Be a model and mentor for writing well-architected, well-tested and easy to understand Go code that interfaces with Stripe, our billing provider
- Investigate and monitor our day-to-day billing and account management activities with members of our Data team to ensure the highest quality of service for our customers
- Take an active role in a friendly supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals and teams
- Learn, practice and share with your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with Stripe or a similar financial API platform
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices. Go experience is nice to have, but most of our engineers have succeeded while picking it up on the job
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred