We’re looking for a passionate Senior Accounting Analyst to join our growing company and Finance’s team!
The main tasks would be: support in the accounting function, being responsible for accurate and
timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for certain key balance sheet and income statement accounts (including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations). Also accomplishing the company ́s deadlines, closing books before the 5th business day of each month. Streamline current procedures, develop and implement control systems. Support in the reorganization and recreation of prior periods, and organize it in the Accounting system, uploading all the journal entries. Be involved and manage with the Accounting Manager all the audit processes, providing all the documentation on time to the auditors.
Trafilea is a global company that builds communities and transformative brands. We own the brands and take care of the entire customer journey, to deliver wow-worthy experiences that influence and empower millions of people globally.
Our culture is fast-paced and dynamic. We are data-driven enthusiasts, passionate about marketing, exponential technologies and innovation.
We have over 150 employees working around the world, connected by the same purpose and core values. Our support for this new way of working has led to being featured in Forbes and FlexJobs as one of the Top 25 Companies for Remote Workers.
Shapermint, Trafilea’s largest brand, is a shapewear-exclusive, online retailer offering curated styles from top-rated brands. We’ve grown the brand to 1+ million customers in the first 9 months and are aiming to build one of the biggest communities on body positivity, self-love & confidence. Our main purpose is to empower women across the world.
We are looking for dynamic, dedicated and committed individuals with a strong desire to grow, that can drive the brand forward on its truly exciting journey.
- Live Where You Want: Proximity doesn’t influence productivity. As a global distributed team, you can live and work wherever you want.
- Up Your Game: We love to see our people growing fast. We budget for it! Think courses, conferences, events.
- Paid vacation
- Competitive salary.
- Company performance bonus based on results.
- Get paid to exercise and meditate
- Family leave and dismissal protection
Requirements and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Equivalent
- Experience in B4 is a MUST
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must
- Strong accounting experience across all areas of finances e.g. Audit, financial accounting, and financial reporting, experience in retail or e-commerce company.
- Minimum of 3-4 years in similar positions
- Experience in ERP will be valued
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mails.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress
- Ability to work in teams, promoting cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner.
- Focuses on key priorities.
- Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Follow-up and control skills, conflict resolution, flexibility, tolerance to stress
- Autonomy at work. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Coordinate the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures, including preparing journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations (e.g. inventory, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets).
- Ownership over AP/AR, including processing vendor invoices, preparing vendor payments, and account reconciliations. Oversee AR processes, including invoicing and cash receipts entries
- Proactively investigate and resolve discrepancies – research and explain account fluctuations.
- Ownership over various banking activities, including cash, credit cards, and statement reconciliations.
- Review, book, and adjusting journal entries. Maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Perform month-end accounting functions
- Assist with monthly and annual financial statement preparation
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows and changes
- Prepare schedules as requested by the Auditors and assist with questions
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment, with various functional teams
- Maintain and improve current accounting processes and infrastructure
- Assist in improving accounting and financial reporting process by helping to evaluate processes and opportunities to add value and efficiency