Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
Bangkok: While it’s 30°+ outside, our engineers don’t sweat, knowing they have the coolest jobs out there. Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe.
We move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we’re on the subject, Agoda people come from over 74 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot.
Technology is not just what we do – it’s at the heart of who we are. We put cutting-edge technology in your hands so you can help us change the way people run their lives. We want you to come here so they can get there – and get your career going places, too.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to understand fraud, how it relates to Agoda’s strategy and products, and how to prevent it.
- Build advanced predictive models to understand the impact of specific fraudulent behaviors, trends and patterns.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data and backend engineers, analysts, user researchers, product managers and designers who are passionate about Agoda’s success
- Build and analyze dashboards, reports and key datasets to empower operational and exploratory analysis of fraud.
- Understand how user fraud affects other consumers of our data, including insights and feature teams, and work across the data landscape to minimize impact and drive influence wherever possible.
- Communicate data-informed insights and recommendations to key stakeholders, engineering and product partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Previous experience working in fraud detection and prevention, with an understanding of the impact that has on other areas in the company where business and product decisions are made.
- Coding skills for analytics and data manipulation (SQL, R, Python, Pandas, Scala)
- Data visualizations such as Tableau or your weapon of choice.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms including classifiers, clustering algorithms, and anomaly detection a plus
- Strong analytical and statistical analysis skills in order to extract insights and recommendations
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Journey with us in this exciting period of growth. This role is open to all candidates, including international candidates currently residing in Thailand. We will provide Visa sponsorship.