|what3words||IT||Full Time||London||United Kingdom|
You will be working in an incredibly ambitious, diverse company that is passionate about its goal: creating a global standard for talking about location.
At what3words, we’re proud of our tech stack. We have a built a massively scalable, microservices-based architecture, based around Kubernetes on AWS. You’ll be exposed to technologies such as ReactJS, Docker, Redis, AWS Lambdas, Prometheus, Grafana, Python, Athena, BigQuery, Java, Scala, C++, and Swift.
This a great opportunity to join an innovative, fast-growing Agile team, at one of the most exciting times in this company’s life.
We expect a critical eye (to question designs where appropriate) and a hunger to innovate – bringing fresh ideas, and new ways to make what3words a better solution.
You have the ability to work independently, self-motivate, collaborate with others and work under pressure.
What we expect:
- Deep expertise in ES6, TypeScript, React, HTML, CSS
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- A passion for software engineering and continuous learning.
- Strong track record of building responsive sites for desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Experience of Agile working environments.
What we would like:
- Knowledge of GIS systems, AWS, Kubernetes, Hubspot, Google Maps or Leaflet.
- Experience with voice integration, e.g Alexa plugin development.
- PHP knowledge to support the WordPress CMS for the marketing site, along with maintaining various platform plugins e.g WooCommerce, Magento etc.
Tier 2 sponsorship available for candidates requiring a UK work visa