|Spark Networks||Law||Full Time||Berlin||Germany|
As Senior Legal Counsel your mission will be to:
- Create competitive advantages by finding out of the box solutions for legal questions, anticipating challenges.
- Help implement mitigating strategies for contractual, regulatory and legal areas.
- Understand and adjust any guidance to the flow and culture of the business and industry.
- Support the development, implementation and protection of company’s trademark and general IP strategy by Q2 2019.
- Provide guidance and supervise the implementation on legal strategies for litigations primarily in the field of trademark, consumer protection and competition law disputes
- Provide general guidance on best legal practices for the company’s online marketing activities
- Draft, review and negotiate inbound and outbound contracts in close cooperation with several departments in compliance with German HGB, US GAAP and IFRS standards.
- Draft and implement standard templates to increase efficient and compliant handling of the company’s sourcing and selling activities and help the company to establish a state of the art contract management system.
- Provide internal legal trainings.
- Engage with outside counsel and other external legal service providers.
Competencies we are looking for:
- Fast and independent thinker.
- Willingness to naturally embrace the core values of the organization and quickly establish yourself as a team player.
- Mindsel to comfortably enjoy changes, handle ambiguity and embrace future opportunities.
- Strategic outlook but living in the moment.
- Eagerness to explore new ways, cutting through red-tape while appreciating the context and consistently anticipating legal/regulatory challenges.
- Structured and consistent way of working.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations tactly but firmly and being prepared to share unpopular and / or urgent guidance.
- Interest in industrial and business trends and developments.
- Law degree from accredited schooll, preferably combined with recognized training / education in an international law firm.
- 3-5 years PQE (post qualification experience), preferably in-house.
- Experience to support matters in different jurisdictions.
- First experience/interest in Intellectual Property, Consumer Protection and Competition Law.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
Nice to have:
- In-house experience in a growing start-up.
- Working knowledge of US laws and regulations.
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- 27 holidays p.a.
- Flexi-time (where possible)
- Urban Sports Club membership (subsidized)
- Weekly in-house Yoga class
- Team sporting events
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- In-house German language class or Babbel subscription
- Free access to Blinkist library
- Monthly training sessions via the ‘Spark Academy’
- Monthly team insight presentations via the ‘Meet the XX’ series
- Leadership training via the ‘Leadership Circle’ series
- Career development plans
LIFE & LOVE
- Relocation support (visa and registration)
- Company pension (15% company contribution)
- Cooperation with Berlin nursery (“Kita”) chain (no guarantee for free spot)
- BVG ticket discount (public transport)
- Free account on our dating platforms
- Employee discount program in collaboration with hundreds of brands
Friendly working atmosphere with free drinks, lots of food, company parties, team events and great colleagues from all over the world – check out our Career Video to meet your future colleagues!
Let Spark Networks be part of your success story!