|Reaction Commerce||IT||Full Time||Remote||Remote|
Reaction Commerce is the fastest-growing open source commerce management platform used by modern retailers and our vision is to connect the world through open commerce.
As our platform grows, so must our team. We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer to join the Solutions Engineering (SE) team. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with the SE and Product Engineering teams to work on enterprise client implementations and 3rd-party integrations on Reaction Commerce.
We’re a distributed, diverse, and growing team currently spread across four continents. While we have a small office in Santa Monica, CA, all of our positions are remote roles. Everyone is welcome to visit and work from our office, but it’s not required. Although we are remote first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person once a year for our annual All Hands.
About the Role:
You will work within our Solution Engineering Team to:
- Analyze client requirements and build systems using Reaction.
- Create plugins for RC that integrate a third-party payment gateway (think Stripe or Paypal)
- Create stand-alone systems using tools such as AWS Lambda and Kafka that integrate with external systems like Enterprise Resource Planning
- Work with the core team to establish API’s for extending the core software
- For example you may:
- Review other team member’s PRs for code quality.
- Review basic requirements from a prospect and provide suggestions on architecture in addition to implementation effort estimates.
- You have experience with a front-end component framework like React and backend systems like Express and GraphQL
- You have worked with NodeJS in production
- You enjoy and flourish in an environment that encourages cooperation and teamwork
- You see the value in reviewing and documenting code, pair programming and get excited about improving tools and processes.
- You understand the value of feedback and communication
- You love to knowledge share and compassionately teach patterns and best practices to engineers on the team.
- You’re comfortable working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams
- You believe in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.
- eCommerce experience is a bonus, but not required.
About Our Stack:
- React and Apollo GraphQL on the client
- Node with some services in Clojure on the server
- GraphQL API
- MongoDB for most application data.
- Apache Kafka for modeling both streams and tables.
- Docker and Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services