Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, lighting and feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer-facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone — from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role
Can you transition seamlessly from a technical discussion with an engineer, to a consultative discussion with a customer? Do you enjoy solving problems for customers? Can you find a technical solution or a business solution or a technical AND business solution? Are you excited to join a rapidly expanding (also smart, fun, driven) team with some challenging (but achievable!) goals that likes to deliver and still make it home for dinner?
As our Solution Architect you will work closely with Sales Executives to achieve sales and revenue goals, evaluate technical requirements of new sales opportunities, design and develop technical solutions that meet the needs of our customers including scoping bespoke software work for professional services, and handoff technically qualified projects to our deployment teams. You will operate at the intersection of our Sales/Customer Success teams and our Engineering teams, fluently transitioning between the two.
Specifically, you will:
- Take ownership of technical challenges and drive solutions on account teams
- Use a consultative approach to engage with our customers to solve workplace experience challenges
- Be able to bring in both technical, data, and change management solutions
- Take ownership of projects, assignments and action items, and remain accountable for their completion
- Produce clean, high-quality technical collateral
- Propose and design bespoke solutions and enhancements for customers
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Support presales workshops, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks
- Participate in product trainings and complete ongoing training to grow and enhance your skills as our product expands
- Provide Engineering, Product Management, and other teams information, presentations, demos, or other crucial customer feedback for our offerings
- Technically qualify solutions, preparing for and ensuring smooth deployments
- 5+ years enterprise IT experience that may include hands-on Software Development, DevOps engineering, Systems Architecture, Technical Project Management or similar.
- Experience working with modern REST API’s with a good understanding of permissioning and authentication solutions such as SAML and OAuth
- Understanding of security concepts specific such as network access, cloud security, app security, SaaS
- Seeks to identify creative solutions and identify alternatives when usual methods don’t work
- Excellent customer facing skills
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Curiosity and willingness/desire to learn about different areas of technology
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with BACnet, MQTT, OPC-DA, SSL configuration, IPv4/v6 networking configuration or network architecture
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Administration (2010 or later), Office 365 or Microsoft Graph API
- Experience with workplace sensor technologies