Founded in 2015, Snapcart applies AI to build the richest offline database of users in emerging markets and democratize data capabilities offline. Snapcart enables brands and retailers to measure, target, and optimize advertising and price promotions, (globally a USD 1.7 Trillion spending), helping clients compete in an increasingly data-driven world.
Through its receipt crowd-sourcing application, point-of-sale application, and hundreds of machine learning models that process and decipher invoices and receipts, Snapcart collects and processes in real-time, billions of data points at an individual shopper and retailer level. Snapcart is currently providing insights to over 30 companies including LOreal, Nestle, P&G and Unilever in 2 countries (Indonesia and Philippines). The company is backed by prominent VC firms, Vickers Venture, Wavemaker Partners, SPH, Social Capital, Kickstart Ventures and JG Summit Group.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Java Software development experience (Spring boot framework)
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and concurrent systems, machine learning, information retrieval, developing large software systems.
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly prototype proofs-of-concept and technical demonstrations.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems, parallelism, multithreading and synchronization.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for high-load, concurrent systems.